(San Francisco, CA, May 22, 2012) – With their September Morocco Culinary & Cultural Tour sold out, leading exotic, adventure tour operator, Access Trips, is offering new August 2012 dates for its most popular group trip ever. Under the expert guidance of CEO, Tamar Lowell, Access Trips has perfected an itinerary for guests that goes beyond a culinary immersion to illuminate what often becomes a life-long passion for Moroccan cooking, culture and cuisine.
As the first to offer a journey where the Moroccan culture is explored through its cuisine in 2010, Access Trips possesses a deep understanding of Morocco’s rich landscape, customs, and people. This expertise manifests itself in a trip that highlights the country’s magical and mysterious blend of Arabic, Berber, French and Spanish influences.
From the charming fishing community of Essaouira to a small, picturesque Berber village perched in the High Atlas Mountains, travelers experience the vast and vibrant diversity of Morocco on a culinary expedition that is not to be missed. Don’t miss your chance to join what travelers have already called “the trip of a lifetime.”
Discover Your Passion for Moroccan Culture and Cuisine on Access Trips’ Morocco – Culinary & Cultural Tour
Indulge your senses as you experience the vibrant colors, complex customs and striking flavors of a country on the crossroads of civilization. Learn the art of preparing local cuisine, become acquainted with regional specialties and traditions, uncover the tools of the Moroccan kitchen and discover your inner chef all with the help of experienced local chefs and an expert multilingual guide.
To meet booming demand, Access Trips is announcing a new tour departing August 30, 2012. This trip is in addition to the tour’s remaining 2012 departures on October 11, November 8 and December 20 – with the September 13trip already sold out.
Highlights of the nine-day tour include:
- Masterful Moroccan Cooking Instruction – Learn the art behind the preparation of Morocco’s abundant regional specialties from expert local instructors. Discover your inner chef as you are taught to prepare fish tajine using the catch of the day in the fishing village of Essaouira. While staying in the village of Anrar in the High Atlas Mountains, master Berber specialties including barbeque kebabs, breakfast crepes, and the delectable pastilla – a delicacy combining flaky pastry, savory meat and sultry spices. From traditional lemon chicken, to Moroccan soups, salads and coucous there is no end to the culinary delight that awaits.
- Retreat to Essaouira – Wonder at the authentic charm of the old fishing village and artist enclave as you explore a cultural mix of ancient architecture, enjoy a spectacular seaside lunch, ride a camel and peruse local art galleries.
- Experience a Berber Village – Explore the traditional Berber village of Anrar, and become acquainted with regional customs as you stop in for a cup of tea with a local Berber family before enjoying a sumptuous dinner back at the riad Kasbah Omar.
- Navigate the Vibrant Markets of the High Atlas – After a 45-minute walk through olive and fruit groves along a river, delight the senses as you explore the souk lathine – the traditional Monday Market where Berber villagers come to trade. Select organic vegetables, meat and chicken to be used in the day’s cooking classes and walk back to the Kasbah with your donkey carrying the produce.
- Explore the Ourika Valley – Embark on a journey through the Ourika Valley, one of the most stunning and ancient valleys of the High Atlas. Drive to the ancient Jewish village of Algjii and meet with the last Jew in the valley, a man who has dedicated his life to guarding the 500-year-old tomb of a legendary rabbi. Visit an organic herb garden before choosing to either embark on a rewarding hike to a magical waterfall or return to the village for a traditional ceramic workshop.
- Discover the Imperial City of Marrakesh – Explore this enchanting palm oasis set against the snow-capped peaks of the High Atlas Mountains, as you spend an two days touring mystical Marrakesh. Discover the expansive harem quarters of the Bahia Palace, the ancient royal Saadian Tombs, the vibrant and historic Jewish mellah and the majestic Koutoubia Mosque all before even entering the 9th century walled medina.
- Wonder at the Markets of the Medina –Wind your way through a serpentine labyrinth of the ancient bustling souk and take in the sights of Moroccan craftsmanship at its best. Learn about local artisan specialties, such as carpets and metalwork, during visits to local artisan co-ops.
- Thrill in the Magic of Djemaa el-Fna Square – Roam the famed square where mystical snake charmers, hustlers and mischievous monkeys add to the nightly drama, as Berber acrobats, fortune-tellers, musicians and engaging storytellers seduce a bustling crowd.
- Deluxe Accommodations in Stunning Riads – Unwind at the end of each day in the comforts of stunning Moroccan riads, traditional Moroccan homes featuring an interior courtyard and garden. Whether overlooking the jaw-dropping High Atlas Mountains or the sparkling sea, all accommodations feature breathtaking views of the Moroccan landscape.
- Marvel at the Rare Argan Tree – Stop to tour an argan oil cooperative on your journey from Essaouira to Marakesh, and witness the elusive, UNESCO protected argan tree endemic only to Morocco.
Rates start at $2,890 per person and include transfer to and from the airport in Casablanca and Marrakesh, all breakfasts, one lunch, five dinners, and deluxe accommodations. Groups are limited to 12 travelers, who are accompanied by a multilingual local guide.
For more information please visit www.accesstrips.com or call (650) 492-4778.