Gutsy Women does Quebec City
Glenside, PA – May 22, 2006 — For those who want to indulge in all things French, yet don’t want to leave the continent, Gutsy Women Travel is offering two departures of its 5-day Quebec City tour this year which is a fabulous way to see the cradle of French civilization in North America for about $230 a day! April M. Merenda, President & Co-Founder of Gutsy Women Travel will be participating on the August 16th departure of this tour with her mother Gilda and her sister Camille, and she invites other Gutsy mothers and daughters to join them!
According to Ms. Merenda, “This tour is great for women who don’t want the hassles of planning their own visit to Quebec, and it offers a great variety of special features that most people either would not be able to organize on their own or it would take a lot of time arrange. Last August we had 20 women participate in the tour and they all rated it a ’10′ citing the cooking class and the high tea as the absolute highlights of the program.”
• Cooking class at Les Artistes de la Table on traditional and typical Quebecois cuisine
• Guided city tour including the Citadel and the Musee des Beaux-Arts
• High Tea at the Chateau Frontenac
• Evening Ghost Walking tour by lantern light with your costumed guide through the cobblestone streets of Old Quebec to hear colorful stories of murders, executions and mysterious hauntings
• Visit to the Copper Museum to see the works of artist Albert Gilles and his family. Tea is served while viewing a demonstration of the “lost” art form — the embossing or enameling of copper
• Guided tour of the Cathedral of Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupre
• Tour and tasting at a winery
• Luncheon at Le Vignoble Vineyard, the northernmost winery in North America
• Tour a working flour mill
• 4 nights at the Hotel Manoir Victoria in old Quebec City
• 4 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners, 1 high tea
• All tours and entry fees as noted
• All luggage handling and vendor tipping
The tour is priced from $1,169 per person based on double occupancy, land only. Airfare is additional and can be arranged through Gutsy Women Travel.
The departure dates for 2006 are August 16 and October 11.
For a day-to-day itinerary, click here.
About Gutsy Women Travel
Gutsy Women Travel, a division of Gate 1 Travel and a member of USTOA, offers a fabulous array of domestic and international tours designed specifically by women for women and their unique interests. From Beijing to Brazil and Victoria to Vietnam, women from all walks of life come together to enjoy an incredibly distinctive travel experience that is exclusively Gutsy Women Travel. It’s about broadening horizons, feeding an inner desire to travel, and creating new friendships with other gutsy women! There’s never been a better time to be bold, be adventurous, be spontaneous, and just, be gutsy!
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For reservations, call (866) IMGUTSY, ext. 1217.