Visiting Africa is a wonderful adventure, and seeing it through the eyes of a child adds an element of magic that will stay with your family forever. African Travel, Inc.’s remarkable journey Southern Africa Through a Child’s Eyes is a 12-day adventure that starts at Victoria Falls, where you and your family will witness the most awe-inspiring cascade of falling water on earth! Here, and throughout your vacation, your family is thoughtfully attended to: family-friendly accommodations with children’s menus, pint-sized robes, babysitting and activities for explorers of all ages.
Cape Town offers endless wonders for youngsters – from rescued cheetahs to warm water penguins. Parents will appreciate a well-deserved break on safari with adult game drives while arrangements are made for the children’s care. Youngsters are taught to collect pods, feathers and leaves, and identify animal tracks. Fishing and frog safaris also form part of the program, as do arts and crafts. Exploration, discovery and fun are on each day’s agenda during this exciting family safari for the young and the young-at-heart!
- Board an elephant for a morning bush safari and see wildlife from the vantage point of Africa’s gentlest giants
- Witness the wonder of Victoria Falls or ‘Mosi Oa Tunya’, the ‘smoke that thunders’
- Learn about southern Africa’s rich cultural heritage while mingling with the locals in markets and villages
- Explore the Cape Peninsula, from its baboons to penguins, from the comfort and privacy of your chauffeured car
- Pet a cheetah and learn about the efforts made to rescue this endangered cat
- Enjoy interactive child-friendly bushwalks and drives by 4×4 vehicles, where expert guides share tips on tracking and identifying the denizens of the bush
- Indulge in special family services throughout including family-friendly room set-ups, children’s special amenities, babysitting services and kid’s menus
Priced from $7,865 per adult and $2,840 per child, land only, based on children aged 6-11 years old sharing in a triple room with two full paying adults. Price valid May 1st through September 30th,2012.
For more information and reservations contact African Travel at (800) 421-8907 or visit www.africantravelinc.com.