Nassau, Bahamas — Sept. 7, 2010 — Uncrowded beaches, eco-inspired lodging and blissfully tranquil surroundings may not sound like your typical all-inclusive resort experience; but travelers to The Bahamas can expect these simple pleasures in paradise on their next island getaway. Boutique resorts throughout The Bahamas are going above and beyond for travelers on a budget with all-inclusive rates and special meal plan add-ons, allowing visitors to enjoy the islands with no surprises.
From the destination’s soft adventure capital of Grand Bahama Island to the charming 120-mile-long island chain of The Abacos, travelers can experience all The Bahamas have to offer by staying at boutique properties across the islands. With all-inclusive rates starting at just $83 per night, it’s the perfect time for travelers to pack their bags, choose an exciting jaunt and come see why it’s better in The Bahamas.
Rates vary according to island and resort, and include:
Grand Bahama Island
The island currently offers its Club Grand Bahama package allowing visitors to choose from five hotels, 21 restaurants, 50 destination activities, two championship golf courses, beach parties, gaming and more at a single great price with no surprises. All-inclusive rates start at $83 per person per night for Silver level package.
• Pelican Bay at Lucaya, the island’s boutique hotel featuring an eclectic blend of Danish and Caribbean design offers a view of the harbor from its perch on the peninsula located adjacent to Port Lucaya Marketplace, the gateway to over 30 restaurants, shops, live entertainment and much more.
Known as the boating capital of The Bahamas, this island chain’s serendipitous layout provides a calm and warm turquoise haven for boaters and sailors.
• Green Turtle Club, just a one-hour flight from Ft. Lauderdale, offers unspoiled beaches and luxurious accommodations starting at $159 per night plus the option to purchase a Modified American Plan (MAP) for just $48 per person per day.
For a vacation that’s more about fishing, snorkeling and relaxing in ultimate seclusion, Acklins/Crooked Island with its population of just 400 residents is the place to get lost and love every minute of it.
•Tranquility on the Bay, recognized for its serene environment, offers rates starting at $140 per night plus the option to purchase an all-inclusive meal package for $65 per person per day.
Inland waterways edged with mangroves, unexplored caves and uncrowded beaches continue to lure travelers to Andros, the largest yet one of the most intimate islands in The Bahamas.
• Small Hope Bay Lodge, a dive all-inclusive resort offers eco-tours and underwater activities in one of the world’s largest barrier reefs with rates starting at $235 daily per person
•Swain’s Cay Bonefish Resort, a newly renovated all-inclusive resort that was once a private oceanfront estate, is offering rates starting at $252 per person per night
Cat Island’s hidden coves, uninhabited cays and high bluffs provide a year-round tropical vacation full of adventure, where thrill-seekers never grow bored.
Sammy T’s, resting amid beautiful tropical gardens with its own private beach, offers rates starting at $160 per night plus the option to purchase an all-inclusive meal plan for just $55 daily per person.
• Fernandez Bay, featuring rustic ambiance with enchanting stone beachfront villas and their signature garden showers starting at $365 per night plus the option to purchase an all-inclusive meal package for $72 per adult per day
A paradise best enjoyed in barefoot elegance, the tiny jewel-like islands of The Exumas exude exotic luxury and have become the choice retreat for celebs looking to own private islands, including Johnny Depp and country music couple Tim McGraw and Faith Hill.
• Peace and Plenty, overlooking Elizabeth Harbour with nearby access to sailboat rentals, snorkeling, diving and more, this resort offers rates starting at $662 based on three-night double occupancy including breakfast and dinner daily.
• Staniel Cay Yacht Club, invites guests to soothe their body, mind and soul with small-island charm with all-inclusive rates starting at $162 daily per person.
• Hotel Higgins Landing, an award winning, adult-only eco-resort located on off-the-beaten-path Stocking Island, offering rates starting at $465 per double occupancy per night plus gourmet dinner, ground transportation, and water sports rentals such as sailboats, kayaks, and snorkeling gear.
Dotted with quaint, friendly villages and miles of uninterrupted pink and white shoreline, this island beckons visitors with the promise of beautiful beaches, world-class bonefishing and thrilling sea escapades.
•Stella Maris, featuring villas, cottages and bungalows scattered throughout a palm grove and nestled into a panorama of tropical foliage with rates for the Sun & Sea Inclusive Package starting at $1630 per person for five-nights’ accommodation.
Life in the 700 Islands Of The Bahamas just keeps getting better. And it’s easy to see why. With world-class diving and fishing, miles of picture perfect beaches, and gorgeous turquoise water, visitors have the opportunity to do everything or nothing at all. From Exuma, Eleuthera and Abaco to exciting Nassau/Paradise Island and Grand Bahama Island, this tropical paradise is as culturally diverse as it is vibrantly beautiful. For more information on The Islands Of The Bahamas, call 1-800-Bahamas.