(Morristown,Â N.J.) â€“ Celebrating nearly 80 years as a travel industry leader,Â CIE Tours InternationalÂ today announced its new â€œBest of Britainâ€ deluxe motor coach itinerary for 2012, showcasing the absolute best ofÂ England,Â ScotlandÂ andÂ Wales.Â Newly created based on client survey responses and feedback, the itinerary combines overnight stays in quality accommodations in each countryâ€™s bustling city center, with visits to theÂ UKâ€™s most fascinating attractions.
Appealing to cross-generational travelers from eight to 88 years of age, CIE Toursâ€™ â€œBest ofÂ Britainâ€Â maximizes valuable vacation time and numerous amenities to provide travelers a hassle-free dream vacation.Â From ideally located upscale hotels,Â airport transfers and admission fees, to most meals, evening entertainment and sumptuous banquets in captivating surroundings, all CIE Tours itineraries feature deluxe motor coach transportation, expert tour directors and knowledgeable guides who help bring each destination to life.
â€œAptly named, â€˜Best of Britainâ€™ is a turnkey itinerary, created especially for travelers who are pressed for time and want to immerse themselves in the most compelling and significant sights and sounds of this magical part of Europe,â€ said CIE Tours International President Brian W. Stack.Â â€œWeâ€™ve taken special care to include only the most worthwhile destinations in this new itinerary, and provide our assurance that customers will not encounter any hidden surprises or costs.Â We take great pride in this commitment and believe it truly distinguishes us within the motor coach travel industry.â€
CIE Toursâ€™ special 8- or 9-dayÂ â€œBest of Britainâ€Â tour includes accommodations in Superior First Class hotels includingÂ Harte & Garter Hotel, Windsor (one night);Â Marriott Hotel, York (one night);Â Barcelo Carlton Hotel, Edinburgh (2 nights);Â Marriott City Centre Hotel, Liverpool (one night);Â Maldron Hotel, Cardiff (one night); andÂ Copthorne TaraÂ orÂ Millennium Gloucester Hotel, London (one night); a Scottish cabaret dinner show; a banquet at Cardiff Castle; walking tours of Oxford and York; plus visits to Windsor and Alnwick Castles, the Lake District and Tintern Abbey; a Beatles tour in Liverpool, and more.Â Land-only rates for theÂ â€œBest ofÂ Britainâ€Â tour begin at $1,648 per person, and include all local taxes, hotel service charges and porterage fees.
Highlights of this awe-inspiring tour linking four of theÂ UKâ€™s most unique cities include:
- Windsor CastleÂ – The largest and oldest occupied castle in the world and one of the official residences of Her Majesty The Queen, the castle encapsulates 900 years of British history over 26 acres.
- EdinburghÂ â€“Â The UNESCO World Heritage Site at the heart of the city combines the medievalÂ OldÂ Town, the Georgian New Town and modern architecture, amid winding streets, elegant terraces and an abundance of shops, bars and restaurants.Â Â â€œBest ofÂ Britainâ€ travelers booked on the August 4 to 18 departures will experience the Edinburgh Military Tattoo also,Â a ceremonial form of evening entertainment performed by Military musicians.
- Cardiff CastleÂ â€“ Among Wales’ leading heritage attractions, CIE Tours guests will enjoy an authentic Welsh banquet here amid the castleâ€™s 2,000 year history, during which it has been a Roman Garrison, Norman stronghold, and in Victorian times, transformed into a gothic fairytale fantasy.
- Alnwick Castle & GardensÂ and theÂ surrounding parkland ofÂ HulneÂ Park, with its dramatic setting were featured as ‘Hogwarts’ in the first two Harry Potter movies. AÂ true living castle and the heart of thriving estates and businesses, Alnwick is home to the Duke and Duchess of Northumberland.
- StonehengeÂ â€“ Travelers will wander around this UNESCO World Heritage Site in amazement.Â Although the monument has been here for 5,000 years, its purpose remains a mystery.
- Bath-Â Set on the slopes of the River Avon,Â BathÂ was the first city inÂ EnglandÂ to be designated an UNESCO World Heritage site. The 15th century Bath Abbey, Georgian architecture, romantic Pulteney Bridge modeled on Florence’s Ponte Vecchio, are all sights travelers will experience.
- Tintern AbbeyÂ -Founded 1131 inÂ TinternÂ on the Welsh bank of theÂ River WyeÂ inÂ Monmouthshire, this is the onlyÂ CistercianÂ monastery inWalesÂ and second in all ofÂ Britain.Â Inspired byÂ Wordsworth‘s poemÂ Lines Composed a Few Miles above Tintern Abbey,Â Alfred, Lord Tennyson‘s poemÂ Tears, Idle TearsÂ and more than one painting byÂ J. M. W. Turner, the village ofÂ TinternÂ adjoins the abbey ruins.
- Gretna Green -Â The Gateway toÂ Scotland, when travelers reach the world famousÂ Blacksmiths ShopÂ at the top ofÂ Gretna GreenÂ village, they discover the famous black and white building â€“ the historic marriage house popular to eloping couples since 1754.
- YorkÂ â€“ This Viking city is rich in culture and history, with narrow medieval streets surrounded by the 13thÂ Century City Walls.Â At the heart of the center is the magnificent York Minster, with immense architecture and spectacular gardens.
- OxfordÂ â€“ The oldest university in the English speaking world,Â OxfordÂ UniversityÂ dates back to the 11thÂ Century.Â Graduates include Nobel Prize winners, kings and presidents, as well as saints, scientists, explorers, artists, authors and actors. Travelers will walk amidÂ Oxfordâ€™s oldest colleges and most important buildings.
CIE Tours also offers travel incentives and a host of exciting youth and senior discounts.Â Regarded as the standard-bearer for deluxe motorcoach tours ofÂ Ireland,Â Scotland,Â EnglandÂ andÂ Wales, CIE Tours guarantees land tour prices once deposits are paid, thus easing concerns regarding currency fluctuations.
For additional information visitÂ www.cietours.com.