1. Jerusalemâ€™s Old City: Jerusalem is a cultural hub that grants a religious and spiritual experience coupled with wonderfully modern tourist attractions for all enthusiasts of culture, the arts, theater and music, and architecture. At Jerusalemâ€™s heart is theOld City, which is divided it into four quarters – Jewish, Armenian, Christian, and Muslim. Inside these walls, lie important holy sites of the three major religions.
2. Tel Aviv: Tel Aviv is Israelâ€™s economic hub, housing the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange along with numerous corporate offices and development centers. Having acquired the reputation as the â€œMediterranean Metropolis that never sleeps,â€ Tel Aviv is a modern conglomeration of beaches, cafes, bars restaurants and upscale shopping that is sure to satisfy any traveler.
3. Negev Desert: The best way to experience the Negev is by joining a riding partner and basking in the beauty and mysticism of the sand dunes via camel. To make the experience even more authentic, take in the Bedouin tribal hospitality with a traditional feast and tent adventure overnight.
4. Masada: Situated on ancient palaces and fortifications on top of an isolated rock plateau, Masada is the ideal hiking destination in the country with cliffs reaching about 1,300 feet (400 m) in height. Beyond the natural allure of this landscape, the landmark is one of the Israelâ€™s greatest historical sights as it marks the place where a group of Jewish rebels overcame the Roman garrison of Masada.
5. Dead Sea: As the lowest point on earth (1,315 feet below sea level) and the most mineral rich body of water, the Dead Sea is an iconic globally explored natural wonder from which numerous world renowned beauty products such as Ahava are packaged on site. The density of the water makes for an ideal floating spot for visitors wanting to rejuvenate and unwind after a day of historical exploration.
6. Golan Heights & Sea of Galilee: Scenic canyons, flowing waterfalls, and an assortment of riverbeds streaming with water characterize this agriculturally rich region painting a heavenly landscape of beautiful blue water against the green and brown background of the mountains. The Sea of Galilee is the largest freshwater lake surrounded by numerous wineries, among the world’s most beautiful for adventurous travelers to explore.
7. Haifa: Israelâ€™s third largest city is positioned in an expansive natural bay tightly tucked between the gorgeous Mediterranean Sea and inspiring Carmel Mountain. Haifa is best known for its terraced landscape and beaches which offers onlookers an array of breathtaking panoramas.
What is Taglit-Birthright Israel?
Taglit-Birthright Israel provides the gift of first time, peer group, educational trips to Israel for Jewish young adults ages 18 to 26.Taglit-Birthright Israel’s founders created this program to send thousands of young Jewish adults from all over the world to Israel as a gift in order to diminish the growing division between Israel and Jewish communities around the world; to strengthen the sense of solidarity among world Jewry; and to strengthen participants’ personal Jewish identity and connection to the Jewish people.
For international stories: For travel in the United States visit In The Know Traveler USA
For USA stories: For travel around the world visit In The Know Traveler