New York – June 29, 2009: The Israel Museum in Jerusalem will host several events, concerts and activities this summer including:
* idanraichelThe Festival of Renewal (July 14-15): Two days of musical performances in the Museum’s Art Garden, including the Jerusalem Symphony Orchestra – IBA playing light classical music, video and art exhibitions and a percussion concert by Chen Zimbalista and his band.
* Idan Raichel Project (July 20): Israel’s popular and eclectic Idan Raichel Project will give a concert based on music from their latest album, Within My Walls.
* Israel Wine-Tasting Festival (August 4-6): Taking place in the Museum’s Art Garden, the Israel Wine-Tasting Festival will offer unlimited tastings of Israel’s leading wineries, live jazz music and admission to Museum galleries.
* kiteflyingTel Aviv Centennial Celebration (August 11-12): The Israel Museum will honor Tel Aviv’s centennial with live Klezmer and world-musical performances by Hebrew and Arabic musicians and a celebration of Balkan-Gypsy music on wind instruments.
* The 24th Annual Kite-Flying Festival (August 18): The highly anticipated Kite-Flying Festival will feature unlimited kite flying from 4:00PM-7:00PM in the Art Garden. The festival will also include professional kite-flying workshops.
Also, the Museum’s Youth Wing will host a wide range of activities for children this summer, including tours of the renewed model of the Museum’s archaeological tel, and archaeological digging and family-tree workshops.
For international stories: For travel in the United States visit In The Know Traveler USA
For USA stories: For travel around the world visit In The Know Traveler