DOURO VALLEY, Portugal, November 20, 2007 – The five-star Aquapura Douro Valley, located in this burgeoning luxury and wine destination, celebrates the upcoming Christmas holiday with the “Tis the Season” package. The Douro region’s magical winter beauty and rolling hills lined with vineyards provides the perfect setting for a family holiday or a couple’s getaway.
Guests will be pampered in luxury in a spacious double spa room for $1,465 per person for three nights, December 23 through 25 and includes the following:
· A five-course gourmet Christmas Eve dinner
· Kamatan, Path to Tranquility – Pacify the mind with this complete de-stressing treatment; the body is soothed by a hot herbal poultice of lavender and vetiver and a warm oil massage to improve mental clarity leaving a sense of wholesome well-being.
· Cinnamon & Orange Christmas Facial – An ancient tradition of using select oils to bring peace, balance and harmony to the body incorporating slow relaxing massage techniques to calms the senses as the exotic aromas lift the spirit.
· Daily continental breakfast at Vale Abraao Restaurant
· Opening of vintage Port wines
· Children’s afternoon activities
Discover Aquapura Douro Valley, where trend and tradition invite transformation.
In summer 2007, Aquapura Douro Valley debuted in Portugal’s World Heritage wine region. The first in a series of daring design resorts, it honors both the landscape and local culture.
Centered around a nineteenth-century manor house, the property has 50 rooms and suites, 21 villas, a 22,000-square-foot spa featuring Karin Herzog and Ytsara treatments, three restaurants, wine room, two bars, an outdoor heated swimming pool, library, shop, boutiques and a business centre. Wi-Fi, airport transfers and 24-hour concierge service smooth the visitor’s transition from the hectic world to this harmonious haven.
Aquapura sprang from the 2004 merger of Diogo Vaz Guedes entrepreneurship in association with Banco Privado Portugues, António Mexia and Miguel Simões de Almeida. Inspired by his travels, this CEO crafted the Aquapura philosophy, blending water, intelligence, luxury and excellence. For more information, please ring +351 254 66 06 00 or visit www.aquapurahotels.com.
TAP Portugal offers direct flights from Newark International Airport to Porto International departing on Saturdays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. In addition, TAP has daily direct flights from Newark to Lisbon with daily connecting flights to Porto. Continental Airlines also offers daily direct flights from Newark to Lisbon. Aquapura Douro Valley provides transfers from Porto International Airport ensuring a smooth trip from beginning to end.