My Insights into Fiji
Since Fiji Airways flies from LAX (Los Angeles) on a brand new A330, I thought with more people having an opportunity to visit I would offer some of my insights for travelers from my last trip.
1. In Fiji, Bula is the word.
2. Bula is a Fijian word that means “life.” It is also a word used for hello, goodbye, good morning.
3. Fiji drives on the left side of the road.
4. Fiji has a huge Indo-Fijian population.
5. Look for the "Red Flags" (in a good way).
6. Drink up with Fiji rum.
7. Kava ceremonies.
8. Fiji is a socially conservative country.
9. Understand the importance of Fijian village life.
10. No tipping in Fiji.
More about Travel in Fiji
Fiji on In The Know Traveler
Basic information about Fiji
Header image: Coral Coast Sunset – Wikimedia Commons Maxam75 (remixed by Steve Smith)