My Insights into Fiji
Since Fiji Airways flies from LAX (Los Angeles) on a brand new A330, I thought with more people having an opportunity to visit I would offer some of my insights for travelers from my last trip.
1. In Fiji, Bula is the word.
2. Bula is a Fijian word that means “life.” It is also a word used for hello, goodbye, good morning.
3. Fiji drives on the left side of the road.
4. Fiji has a huge Indo-Fijian population.
5. Look for the “Red Flags” (in a good way).
6. Drink up with Fiji rum.
7. Kava ceremonies.
8. Fiji is a socially conservative country.
9. Understand the importance of Fijian village life.
10. No tipping in Fiji.
More about Travel in Fiji
Header image: Coral Coast Sunset – Wikimedia Commons Maxam75 (remixed by Steve Smith)