Five Scenic Cruises
Bellevue, WA, October 2012 "“ Luxury European tour and river cruise company Scenic Cruises has announced five special savings possibilities for travelers who book a 2013 cruise by November 30, 2012. The itineraries "“ "Gems of the Danube," "Jewels of Europe," "Romantic Rhine & Moselle," France's "Chalon-sur-SaÃ´ne to Arles" and Russia's "Imperial Jewels of Russia" "“ offer a wide array of choices, enticing those who are new to luxury European river cruising as well as the very experienced. Savings on the dozens of departures range from $2,000 per couple, to free flights to Europe and Russia, to free flights and $900 per couple booked in a balcony stateroom. Regular fares range from $3,075 to $9,995 per person, double (higher prices are for Royal Suites).
Scenic Cruises' new truly all-inclusive policy "“ applicable to all cruises except Russia "“ makes these deals even better. 2013 brings the addition of unlimited beverages, including the cabin mini-bars; private butler service for every guest; free Wi-Fi; new themed dinners with entertainment; new dining venues on board*; and Scenic Riverview,* a personal onboard GPS-guided tour system device (*not available in France). This is in addition to the larger staterooms and suites, more than 80% of which offer full-size balconies; private concerts; exclusive performances; onboard entertainment; tour leaders; complimentary electric-assist bicycles; escorted airport transfers; and even gratuities and baggage handling. All of the company's ships except the Scenic Emerald in France and Scenic Tsar in Russia have the unique Scenic "Sun-Lounges," allowing guests to convert their private balconies into an indoor lounge with a push of a button. The ships also offer a number of innovative new technical upgrades, including a "silent drive" system, which significantly reduces noise and vibration, and the most sophisticated and powerful air conditioning system ever fitted to a river cruise ship.
Here's a summary of the four itineraries and their special offers:
1. Gems of the Danube River Cruise: this 11-day exploration on one of Europe's most beautiful rivers includes a three-night stay in one of Europe's most beautiful cities "“ Prague. Sailing between Budapest and Nuremburg, guests visit the charming towns of Linz, Passau and DÃ¼rnstein, the musical city of Vienna, and others. A highlight is enjoying a glass of Austrian Sekt at the majestic Palais Liechtenstein followed by an enchanting private Viennese evening concert featuring the music of Strauss and Mozart. Savings are $2,000 per couple on balcony staterooms; discounted fares start at $3,650.
2. Jewels of Europe River Cruise: imagine spending 15 days sailing three of Europe's top rivers "“ the Rhine, Main and Danube "“ and visiting more than a dozen incredible villages and cities en route. The itinerary offers a full European experience to its guests, who can partake in a medieval banquet at the 12th-century Marksburg Castle, experience daily life in a German village, hike in Cologne's botanical gardens, enjoy a private wine-tasting in WÃ¼rzburg, and watch the horses exercise at Vienna's Spanish Riding School. Couples can save $900 on July sailings or fly free to Europe during October and November. Regular fares start at $6,095 for outside staterooms.
3. Romantic Rhine & Moselle River Cruise: this trip explores the romantic Rhine, with two days spent on the Moselle, visiting Cochem and Bernkastel, and offers guests an in-depth look at one of the world's most scenic rivers. Guests on the 15-day adventure between Amsterdam and Basel can enjoy a private concert and dinner at the magnificent Rastatt Palace, "Kaffeeklatsch" with a German family, guided bicycle tour of Middleburg, or visit to Germany's oldest city, Trier, among many other included possibilities. Couples can save $900 on August sailings or fly free to Europe in October. Regular fares start at $6,195 for outside staterooms.
4. Chalon-sur-SaÃ´ne to Arles River Cruise: new for 2013 is Scenic's nine-day exploration of provincial France, which begins with a night in Paris. Booking by Nov. 30 will save $1,300 per couple off fares that start at $4,255 for outside staterooms. Guests visit several of France's most historic towns and villages, including Avignon, Viviers, Lyon and Arles. Highlights include meeting with a local vintner in the Beaujolais region town of Oignt; visiting with a local French family and being treated to a home-cooked meal; and touring the charming ProvenÃ§al village of Saint-RÃ©my made famous by Vincent Van Gogh.
5. Imperial Jewels of Russia River Cruise: the 112-guest Scenic Tsar launched in July, 2012 and is the first new ship registered in Russia in more than 25 years. With 93% of its staterooms offering balconies and other top-draw amenities, it is considered the most upscale of any river ship in Russia. Booking by Nov. 30 means free international flights on the Oct. 6, 2013 sailing or savings of $1,200 per couple on five departures from July to September. The 15-day itinerary between St. Petersburg and Moscow offers four days in each and visits to Mandrogi, Kizhi Island, Goritsy and two of the 'Golden Ring' cities. Guests experience exclusive Scenic Enrich events, from lunch at an old-world wooden restaurant to a private ballet concert at the Palace of Prince Vladimir.
As one of the world's top tour operators, Scenic Cruises runs all its own excursions "“ never using subcontractors or doing commissioned shopping tours. Award-winning English-speaking staff welcomes guests and tend to their every need while professional, Scenic-employed tour leaders offer a host of insight into the excursions.
For more information: www.scenictours.com