Gourmet Inclusive Resorts to Feature Acclaimed Jackson Family Wines and Host Top Chefs and Winemasters from Around the World for Interactive Guest Experiences
Karisma Hotels & Resorts, a premier collection of 11 Gourmet Inclusive® properties offering the best in food and service, today announced an exciting new partnership with Jackson Family Wines® for 2013. As a part of the collaboration, Karisma Hotels & Resorts is pleased to feature selections from Jackson Family Wines portfolio, representing more than 30 labels of super-premium and luxury wines, at each of its properties. Furthermore, Karisma Hotels & Resorts will host The Jackson Family Wines Culinary Series, by Karisma, a monthly wine and food program spotlighting top chefs and winemasters from around the world.
Each month, The Jackson Family Wines Culinary Series, by Karisma will spotlight a noteworthy chef and winemaker who will work in conjunction with the esteemed Karisma Hotels & Resorts team of Michelin star restaurant-trained chefs and sommeliers to provide guests with interactive epicurean experiences. Special events will include access and insight into highly sought-after wines, vertical tastings, educational classes with sommeliers and winemakers, cooking courses, special pairings and an exclusive Guest Chef and Winemaker Dinner. The complete Culinary Series will take place the first week of each month; select wines and individual elements of the Jackson Family Wines program will be featured at the resorts throughout the entire year.
“Collaborating with Jackson Family Wines on this terrific partnership allows us to offer guests a selection of unforgettable wine and gastronomical experiences,” said Jeroen Hanlo, vice president of food & beverage for Karisma Hotels & Resorts, who was responsible for bringing the renowned Gourmet Inclusive concept to life. “With the introduction of Jackson Family Wines, and our one-of-a-kind culinary programs, we invite aficionados and amateurs alike to discover new wines and foods as a part of their Gourmet Inclusive vacations.”
The Jackson Family Wines Culinary Series, by Karisma will launch in January 2013 with featured Kendall-Jackson Wine Estates’ Executive Chef Justin Wangler and veteran Winemaster Randy Ullom. Other confirmed participants include Kendall-Jackson Wine Estates’ Pastry Chef Robert Buttercup in February; more than a dozen renowned chefs and sommeliers as a part of the Cancun Wine & Food Festival in March; Kendall-Jackson Wine Estates’ Chef & Cheese Specialist Tracey Shepos Cenami in April; and Kendall-Jackson Wine Estates’ Chef & Contemporary Cuisine Specialist Eric Frischkorn and in May.
“It is a pleasure to partner with Karisma Hotels & Resorts, which shares our very personal “Whether enjoying a glass of wine, or relaxing on vacation, we believe in seeking out the highest-quality experiences. Karisma Hotels & Resorts shares that passion and we are very pleased to partner with them,” said Caroline Shaw, executive vice president and chief communications & marketing officer of Jackson Family Wines, one of the most beloved family-owned wine companies in America. “We look forward to introducing guests of the Riviera Maya, Mexico to the vineyards and flavors of Sonoma and beyond.”
As a part of the Jackson Family Wines® program, vacationers have the option to participate in distinctive wine and culinary experiences at each of Karisma Hotels & Resorts’ properties.
For those who want to immerse themselves in an epicurean experience, the complete Culinary Series includes:
- Monday – “Wine Up”: Meet & Greet: Meet the international chef and honored winemaker of the month Get to know the personalities behind each wine as secrets are uncorked. Explore the nuances of various wines as you enjoy savory gourmet bites in our “Wine Up” social gathering.
- Tuesday – Wine Class: Become a wine connoisseur as you delve into everything there is to know about wine. Our master Sommelier or winemaker will guide you through all the ins and outs of wine while you smell and taste various varietals. After this enriching experience, impress your friends back home with your new expertise in the world of wine!
- Wednesday – “Yucatan Meets California”: This exotic culinary experience celebrates the relationship between the Riviera Maya in Mexico and the Mayacamas Mountains in California. An elaborate 5-course meal showcases the best of southern Mexican cuisine and Californian wines of Sonoma and Napa Valley. Every course will be paired with a different Jackson Family wine fusing the flavors of the Yucatan with the wines of California in delectable harmony.
- Thursday – Cooking Class & “Sips in the Sand”: Learn cooking secrets a world-class chef! Our international chef and master winemaker will explain various preparation methods and culinary techniques. Walk away with exclusive recipes to recreate these sumptuous dishes back home. After a beautiful culinary experience, escape to a secluded spot on the magnificent white sand beach with bottle of wine and two glasses, where you can lounge on the beach, sipping wine and devouring gourmet tidbits to the sound of crashing waves at your feet.
- Thursday Evening – “Wine Around the World” 4-Course Dinner: Travel around the world in a single evening during this gastronomic adventure. Dinner consists of a 4-course meal, with each dish hailing from a different Gourmet Inclusive restaurant. From the comfort of your chair, you will experience the best of Mexican, Oriental, Caribbean, Italian and World cuisine. Every course will be paired with a carefully-selected Jackson Family® wine from northern California.. Cross culinary borders; no passport required!
- Friday – Exclusive Guest Chef & Winemaster Dinner: Food and wine are the main performers in this delectable teaser which takes place in a Culinary Theater under a 90-foothigh thatched roof. Chef and winemaker will excite and entertain with culinary tricks as your meal is prepared in front of you. Feast your eyes on four huge screens encircle you projecting the entire process. Here, you can walk through the vineyards as you enjoy superb flavors brought to you with the warmth of Mexican service. All secrets are unleashed as you watch the chef and the winemaker interact with each other and the audience to produce an unforgettable food and wine lovers spectacle.
- Saturday – “Wine Down”: After an incomparable week of epicurean encounters, treat yourself to a variety of wine keepsakes.
The weeklong Culinary Series will be hosted at the award-winning El Dorado Royale, A Spa Resort, by Karisma, an adults-only Gourmet Inclusive property in the Riviera Maya, Mexico. Featuring seven Gourmet Inclusive restaurants, including a “culinary theater” where dishes are prepared in one of five open kitchens, the resort also boasts 15 bars and lounges serving premium alcoholic beverages, including bar specializing in martinis, bars with swings, beach bars, and nine swim-up bars. El Dorado Royale is also home to a 100,000-square-feet Greenhouse, the Riviera Maya’s only facility of this magnitude, which produces 120 tons of crops and provides fresh produce to its collection of sister properties within the Karisma Hotels & Resorts collection.
Offered exclusively at Karisma Hotels & Resorts, guests are invited to discover The Jackson Family Wines Culinary Series, by Karisma at an additional cost of $300 for the weeklong program at El Dorado Royale; a la carte rates for wines and ad hoc wine and culinary experiences at the entire collection of Karisma Hotels & Resorts start at $35. Nightly rates at Karisma Hotels & Resorts begin at $229 per person, per night including the Gourmet Inclusive experience (all gourmet meals served a la carte, premium alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, 24-hour room service, full service concierge, king size beach beds). Hotel reservations can be booked through a GI Vacation Consultant, or by calling 1-866-527-4762, or by visiting www.karismahotels.com.
For more information about the The Jackson Family Wines Culinary Series, by Karisma, visit http://www.karismahotels.com/culinaryseries.
Now you’re In the Know about Karisma Hotels and Resorts 2013 Culinary Series in Riviera Maya, Mexico.