NEW YORK, NY, May 16, 2007 – Avoid crowded local beaches this summer and head to the peaceful islands of Tahiti for an idyllic summer escape. Air Tahiti Nui today announced six new “Sweet Summer in Tahiti” vacations for time-crunched sun-seekers and leisure-minded landlubbers. The packages offer five- to eight-night options featuring incredible added values including complimentary room nights, breakfasts and dinners, Tahitian black pearl pendants and Jeep island safari tours, as well as discounts on spa treatments.
Closer than you think, Tahiti is easy to get to with Air Tahiti Nui’s nonstop service from Los Angeles International Airport and New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport, reaching the islands in eight or twelve hours, respectively, in Polynesian comfort and style.
From Tahiti, travelers have the tough choice of hopping over to Moorea’s beautiful dual bays or to Bora Bora’s clear turquoise lagoon…or they can choose both. Due to Moorea’s slow current and abundant marine life, its shallow waters make for ideal year-round snorkeling when guests aren’t taking in the view from Belvedere Overlook or shopping for Tahitian black pearls. Celebrity hot spot Bora Bora is said to be one of the most romantic and beautiful islands in the world. Relaxing is the favored pastime here -particularly on the decks of overwater bungalows, though exhilarating jet ski tours around the isle and 4×4 expeditions to the mountainous peak are also popular.
The six packages below include roundtrip international air on Air Tahiti Nui from Los Angeles or New York to Papeete, Tahiti, all transfers with flower lei arrival, and inter-island transportation. Prices are per person, double occupancy, and valid for select travel dates June 1 – 20 and August 15 – 28. Additional departures are available in July and early August; surcharges may apply. Government taxes and fees are additional.
SWEET SUMMER IN TAHITI GETAWAYS
· Tahiti Vacations, six-night “Tahiti & Moorea Splendor”: one night at InterContinental Resort Tahiti in garden view room, five nights at InterContinental Resort and Spa Moorea in Lanai room featuring two nights free. $1,669 from Los Angeles, $2,158 from New York.
· Pleasant Holidays, five-night “Escape to Moorea”: five nights at InterContinental Resort and Spa Moorea with complimentary Tahitian black pearl pendent, 10 percent discount at Helena Spa, and two nights free. $1,733 from Los Angeles, $2,091 from New York.
· Islands in the Sun, six-night “Summer Getaway to Bora Bora”: one night at Sheraton Hotel Tahiti Resort & Spa in lagoon room, five nights at Bora Bora Le Maitai Polynesia in ocean view room, complimentary Tahitian Pamper Pack, continental breakfast daily, and a Jeep safari excursion. $2,559 from Los Angeles, $2,829 from New York.
· Tahiti Legends, six-night “Le Moana Bora Bora Exclusive”: two nights at InterContinental Tahiti Resort in garden view room, four nights at InterContinental Le Moana Resort Bora Bora in overwater bungalow, complimentary breakfasts and dinners on Bora Bora, and one night free. $3,275 from Los Angeles, $3,565 from New York.
· Islands Escapes…by Goway, seven-night “Tahiti, Moorea & Bora Bora Vacation”: one night at Sofitel Resort Tahiti in superior mountain view room, two nights at Sofitel Moorea Beach Resort in deluxe garden bungalow, and four nights at Sofitel Motu Bora Bora in deluxe lagoon front bungalow with complimentary breakfast and dinner daily in Bora Bora (a savings of $535 per person). $3,399 from Los Angeles, $3,699 from New York.
· Happy Vacations, eight-night “ Tahiti & Bora Bora Best Deal”: one night at InterContinental Resort Tahiti in lagoon view room, seven nights at InterContinental Le Moana Resort Bora Bora in beach jr. suite bungalow, complimentary breakfast and dinner daily in Bora Bora, and one night free (total savings over $2,650 per person). $2,999 from Los Angeles, $4,299 from New York.
To book any of these packages visit http://www.airtahitinui-usa.com/specials/special-tahiti-summer.asp or call 1-877-824 -4846.
Air Tahiti Nui, the leading carrier to French Polynesia, has headquarters in Papeete and operates from Faa’a International Airport on the island of Tahiti. The company was founded in 1996 and commenced flight operations in 1998. Air Tahiti Nui won the award for “Best Onboard Service for a Smaller Airline” from the 2006 Skytrax airline survey and Global Traveler’s “Best of 2005” reader poll ranked Air Tahiti Nui the number two “Best Airline in the South Pacific, Australia, and New Zealand,” and sixth for “Best Onboard Service” in the worldwide category.
For information on schedules and fares call toll-free 1-877-824-4846, or visit your local travel agent, or Air Tahiti Nui online at www.airtahitinui-usa.com