The Japan National Tourist Organization (JNTO), by establishing a direct link to the National Council for Promoting Educational Trips to Japan, has introduced a new system to help American schools (or companies/organizations working on their behalf) find a matching school in Japan for educational visits or exchange programs. Statistically speaking, 6,385 students made educational trips to Japan in fiscal 2004. It is hoped that this new system will alleviate the difficulties in finding counterpart Japanese schools and greatly increase the amount of educational trips to Japan.
For more details or to apply, please contact your local JNTO office in Los Angeles or New York as far in advance as possible to departure with the following information:
– Name of the applying school, company or organization (and contact information*)
– Number of participants (including students (and their grade level), teachers, translators/ guides, and parents/ chaperones)
– School information (The American school’s profile and contact information*)
– Destinations the group would like to visit in Japan
– Land operator or travel agent in Japan if known (and contact information*)
– Requests regarding the school visit, including: Trip dates (more than one option), location (more than one option), type of school, desired activities, and other requests (home stay, home visit, etc.)
*Applying as far in advance as possible will greatly increase the chances of finding a counterpart Japanese School.
*For contact information, please provide: Contact person, address, phone number, fax number, and email address
* JNTO Los Angeles Office
515 S. Figueroa St., Suite 1470, Los Angeles, CA 90071
TEL: 213-623-1952 FAX: 213-623-6301
* JNTO New York Office
One Rockefeller Plaza, Suite 1250, New York, NY 10020
TEL: 212-757-5640 FAX: 212-307-6754