CANCUN, MEXICOÂ (August 23, 2011) â€“Â Lovers of good food and wine throughout the world mark your calendars! The countdown to the First Annual “Cancun-Riviera Maya Wine & Food Festival” has begun. The inaugural event will take place on March 15-18th, 2012 attracting national and international guests to one of the most popular and picturesque destinations in the world.
This new event concept will bring together celebrity chefs, wine and spirit producers from all over the world, and some of Mexico’s most exquisite cuisine. The festival will honor its special â€“ the world renowned chef, Ferran Adria. The festival will feature about thirty events throughout a period of four days and will also feature participating countries such as Canada, United States, Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, Chile and Peru, coming togetherÂ Â to offer the best of their culinary talents, its wineries and spirits as well as its culture.
- Celebrity Chef and Winemaker Dinners:Â Including two tributes dinners:One to Mexico, designated by UNESCO as “Masterpiece of the Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanityâ€; the other to world-celebrated chef Ferran AdriÃ
- Celebrity Chef and Winemaker Yacht Cruise:Â Enjoy the company of celebrity chefs on a luxurious yacht cruise followed by a private beach club lunch
- Exclusive 90+ Wines and Spirits Tastings: The best wines & spirits from Spain and 7 countries of the Americas
- Exciting Cooking Demonstrations:Â Given by celebrity chefs from Canada, the USA, Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, Chile and Peru
- American Express Gourmet Tasting Village:Â Walk through our Village and taste signature dishes from some of the best restaurant Chefs, paired with wines and spirits. Delight your palate with gourmet company products including coffees, ice creams, chocolates and more…
- Closing Latin Grill Fiesta:Â Meet the best Argentinian & Brazilian Grill Chefs “Parrilladas” and enjoy a fiesta featuring surprise entertainment and fireworks.Â
- CancunÂ After-Dark Parties:Â Sample the best tequilas, vodkas, martinis, tapas and sinful desserts; all while moving to the rhythms created by a top DJ, to take you late into the night
To enhance each guest’s personal experience, the festival organizers will limiting the number of participants at each event, facilitating interaction between guests and celebrity chefs.
Combine the Cancun-Riviera Maya Wine & Food Festival with a travel destination that no other festival can match: World class beaches, ancient Mayan sites, Spanish haciendas and colonial villages, magical underground “cenotes”, snorkeling or diving at the world’s largest underwater museum and second largest barrier reef, high seas fishing, ecological parks and pristine islands, fun adventure tours for all ages, an easily accessible airport, and a wide variety of hotels for all budgets.
The Festival is committed to giving back to our community. The beneficiary for year one is the Ciudad de la Alegria â€“ The City of Joy. We will be supporting its goal to empower disadvantaged children, victims of violence & care for the elderly.
The Festival will undoubtedly be an unforgettable experience for those in the food and wine industry. What better place to have these wonderful moments than in Cancun and the Riviera Maya, where one is constantly surrounded by culture and adventure? While in North America, the temperature will still be cold, in Cancun awaits fantastic climate and the most beautiful beaches in the world. It’s also the time of the year when the Summer Equinox is celebrated, March 21st, a time when many tourists flock to archeological sites such as Chichen ItzÃ¡, Tulum, and Coba as well as the popular local event Natalicio de Benito JuÃ¡rez is celebrated-which is also celebrated on March 21st.
Famous chefs from 8 countries:Â Spain: Ferran AdriÃ ;Â United States: Ingrid Hoffman, Jacques Pepin, Aaron Sanchez, Marcella Valladolid;Â Chile: CristiÃ¡n Correa;Â Canada: Jerome Ferrer, Normand Laprise, Daniel Vezina.;Mexico:Â Paulina Abascal, Christian Bravo, Sergio Camacho, Aquiles ChÃ¡vez, Arturo FernÃ¡ndez, Miguel GarcÃa, Paola GarduÃ±o, Guillermo GonzÃ¡lez, Federico LÃ³pez, Francisco MÃ©ndez, Benito Molina, Ricardo MuÃ±oz Zurita, Edgar NuÃ±ez, Enrique Olvera, Bruno Oteiza, Patricia Quintana, Carmen RamÃrez, Alejandro Ruiz, Roberto SolÃs, Jonatan GÃ³mez, Jr Merino (honored asÂ theÂ AmbassadorÂ of Tourism andÂ GastronomyÂ inÂ Mexico CityÂ and promoter ofÂ Mexican beverages.), JosÃ© RamÃ³n Castillo (Chocolatier),Â Â Enrique Farjeat.Â PeruÂ Pedro Schiaffino.Top chefs fromÂ ArgentinaÂ andÂ BrazilÂ still to be announced.
For more information visitÂ http://cancun.travel/en/