· Do not buy rocks or pottery: Keep your souvenirs eco-friendly. Picking up or buying rock fragments encourages vendors to break pieces off the monuments to sell to tourists.
· Do not buy antiquities: Stick to the law: buying antiquities is illegal.
· Please refrain from picking flowers or plants: Conserve the natural flora of Petra by not picking flowers and plants.
· Do not write, touch or scrape the walls: Sandstone is very sensitive; ancient treasures can easily be destroyed.
· Stay on trails, rocks can fall easily: To stay safe, keep to the main tracks and paths, and seek assistance from rangers, tourist police and guides as necessary.
· Do not sit or climb on the rocks: Protect the monuments from erosion by not leaning, sitting or climbing on them.