HOTEL RITZ OFFERS PACKAGE TO NEWLY-EXPANDED PRADO
A venerable turn-of-the-century dowager is celebrating its neighbor’s 21st-century addition. Last October the Museo del Prado opened its $208 million expansion to great fanfare. Now the luxurious Hotel Ritz is offering a “Cultural Experience in Madrid ” package which includes a visit to its expanded neighbor.
Opened in 1910, the Ritz was designed and built under the personal supervision of Cesar Ritz, the legendary hotelier. King Alfonso XIII had wanted a luxury hotel to accommodate the guests for his wedding to Queen Victoria ’s grand daughter. Ever since, The Ritz has been a favorite of kings, heads of state and film stars. The 167 rooms and suites are sumptuously decorated with antiques, silken draperies and handmade carpets from the RealFábrica de Tapices, the Royal Tapestry Factory. The Goya Restaurant and Velázquez Bar are popular meeting places and a proper afternoon tea is served in the lounge. And of course, the Ritz staff greets guests by name.
Available from now until December 23, 2008, the two-night package for two persons starts at about $1,317 in low season and $1,476 in high season,* with VAT and includes:
· Two nights accommodation in a classic room
· Entrance to the Prado, Thyssen Bornemisza and Reina Sofía Museums
· One three-course dinner, excluding beverages, in the Goya Restaurant
· Daily buffet breakfast with Cava (Spanish sparkling wine) at the Goya Restaurant
· One bottle of cava in your room
· Afternoon tea in the Lounge
· Roundtrip airport transfers in a private chauffeured car
· Complimentary Art Guide to the Prado
· Welcome amenities in room upon arrival
· Free access to the Wellness Centre
Private guided visits to the Prado after hours and chauffeured tours of the city can be arranged by the hotel for additional charges.
The luxurious Hotel Ritz Madrid is located in the heart of Spain ’s capital on the Paseo del Prado, at 5 Plaza de la Lealtad, just across the street from the Museum. The hotel features a beauty salon, business center and meeting rooms and its terrace and garden are delightful places to enjoy an aperitif in spring and summer.